- Firstbeat Bodyguard.
- Suunto: Ambit, Ambit2, t6, Memory Belt, PC POD, Team POD.
- Garmin: 610, 910XT, 310XT.
- Polar: RS800, RS800CX, S810, CS600.
- FRWD devices via data file import.
The Coach function is compatible with any heart rate monitor that shows the heart rate level. Devices that measure Training Effect directly (such as Suunto t3 and t4) are particulary well suited, even if they do not store heart rate data with beat-by-beat accuracy.
Suunto PC or Team POD is required for the real-time monitor, along with any Suunto ANT heart rate belt (included at least in Suunto t6, t3 and t4).
Garmin 610, 910XT and 310XT users, please note!
In order to analyze the measurements, R-R recording has to be turned on. When you open Firstbeat ATHLETE for the first time, you can choose from the settings R-R recording. If you have not done it for the first time, you can do it this way: Open Firstbeat ATHLETE and select 'Tools' -> 'Device configuration' -> 'Garmin device settings...'. After that, record some data and upload it to Garmin connect via ANT agent. Please notice that setting will only effect to the upcoming exercises (not the first one).
Compatible file types
Have you previously recorded your workouts using different software? ATHLETE supports the following training log file types:
- Suunto .sdf. Automatic import with one click from your Suunto Training Manager.
- Garmin .fit (with R-R intervals)
- Polar .hrm
- FRWD .txt
- All Firstbeat software (HEALTH, SPORTS, Fitness Coach)
Please note: Heartbeat data must be stored with beat-by-beat accuracy.
Software and hardware requirements
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later is required for displaying the training report.
- RAM memory minimum 512MB, 1 GHz processor speed and 50 MB free hard-drive space. Screen resolution minimum 1024x768 pixels, 16-bit colors.
- Fitness level (METmax) follow-up from each running workout
- Support for up to three different user profiles (family use)
- Automatic heartbeat data error correction.
- Personal information: Name, data of birth, gender, height, weight, activity class. Optional: maximal heart rate, VO2max, vital capacity.
- Endurance training zones both as %HRmax and as %VO2max.
- Training analysis and re-analysis, multianalysis, measurement split and merge functions.
- Measurement units: SI / Imperial.
- Physiological parameters: heart rate, EPOC, Training Effect, oxygen consumption, energy expenditure, ventilation and respiration rate.
- Speed, distance, altitude and cadence display from supported devices.
- Real-time monitor with guided smart exercise and physioloigcal parameters.
- Virtual coach - tells you whether to rest or train, shows whether you are training too much, too little or the right amout to improve your fitness. Automatic activity class update.
- Printable training program.
- Training summaries from the selected time periods.
- Detailed analysis of a single workout from a selected period or lap-by-lap.
- Comparison of up to 10 workouts.
- Calendar view.
- Automatic synchronization of training data for example with Firstbeat SPORTS used by the coach.
- Printable training report that can be customized to show selected parameters.