Firstbeat is the leading provider of physiological analytics for sports and well-being. We transform heartbeat data into personalized information on exercise, stress and recovery. Hundreds of elite sports teams, wellness professionals, and millions of consumers worldwide trust Firstbeat to enhance performance and well-being.
Firstbeat was founded in 2002 in Jyväskylä, which is the hub of sports sciences of Finland with the University and physiology labs. Our mission is to use physiology and science to unlock human potential in health, performance and productivity.
With every heart beat and in between beats, your heart is telling a story. Your physiology is being reflected by your heart beats, mirroring what you do and how your body is doing. Inspired by this unique window into our bodies, we combine mathematics and physiology to create something revolutionary. In our vision, everyone should be able to learn how to live healthier, happier and more productive lives. Today, with the same scientific spirit, we continue our mission to provide individuals with personalized insights derived from their own physiology.
We have conquered millions of hearts—in prestigious sport arenas, workplaces and everyday lives. The same quality of health and performance insights elite athletes benefit from are available today for you, too. We continue to strive for our vision of helping you become the best version of yourself with personalized recovery, sleep, and performance guidance.
Beat by beat.
Awards and Nominations Granted for Firstbeat
Firstbeat has been awarded many times both nationally and internationally. In 2004, Firstbeat received the national INNOFINLAND Prize of the President of the Rebublic. Deloitte listed Firstbeat as one of the fastest growing Technology Companies in Finland three years in a row (2007-2009). Firstbeat was also one of the winners of Grow to USA 2017 -program of Kasvun Roihu and its logo was displayed in Nasdaq’s video screen in New York Time Square for one month.
- 2004: INNOFINLAND Price: Innovation Award for the Development of Heart Rate Variability Analysis Technology | President of the Republic of Finland
- 2005: The Most Successful University-based Start-up | Venture Cup
- 2007-2009: One of the Fastest Growing Finnish Technology Businesses | Deloitte
- 2014: Nomination – International Award of the Fitness, Wellness & Health Industry | FIBO Innovation Awards
- 2015: Nomination – The Most Innovative Healthcare Provider, Firstbeat’s partner Optima-Life | AXA PPP Health Tech and You award
- 2016: Finalist – Spark of Innovation category | UK Active Matrix Flame Awards
- 2016: Global Performance Award| The Central Finland Chamber of Commerce
- 2016: National Entrepreneurial Award | Yrittäjät, the Federation of Finnish Enterprises
- 2016: Finalist – Startup Europe Comes to Silicon Valley (SEC2SV) Event
- 2016: Finalist – Best Technology for Managers and Coaches | Sports Technology Awards
- 2017: Grow to USA -program | Kasvun Roihu Oy