GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL
PURPOSE OF USE
- FIRSTBEAT™ BODYGUARD 3 (“Product”) is a heart rate and motion monitoring device used in Firstbeat products for monitoring your well-being during daily life.
- Product enables easy, reliable and continuous daily heartbeat monitoring and recording.
- Product is not a medical device and is not for use in discovering or curing diseases.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHARGING
- Do not charge the Product while attached directly to the skin
- Use only the cable provided in the sales package for charging the Product.
- The Product can be recharged by connecting to a computer’s USB port or using a Firstbeat approved charger with USB port. (Power supply adaptor should meet PS1 requirements (Max 15W))
- Note! To ensure the Product is functioning to its full potential and to avoid damage to the battery the device must be charged at least once every four (4) months.
STORAGE AND USE OF THE PRODUCT
- Keep the Product in dry and average room temperature. Store the Product in a soft storage/case when possible.
- Do not keep or store the Product next, or near to, any other power supplies or magnetic fields.
- Do not pull, tie or knot the cable on the Product.
- Do not attach the Product on any other surface than to the skin of chest.
- Product cannot be used while passing security checks at airports or any other facilities.
- Product is not recommended to be used together with a pacemaker.
- Product use is forbidden in the facilities where the use of electronic devices is forbidden.
- Measurement temperature: +5 – +45 C°
- Storage temperature: -20 – +60 C°
FURTHER SAFETY INFORMATION
- Product is not waterproof. Do not use the Product in water or during a shower or sauna.
- The cable on the Product must be connected while using the Product.
- Adhesive gel on the patch sensors of the Product may cause skin irritation. Make sure the skin is carefully cleaned after every use.
- In case an allergic reaction of any kind is noticed during, or after the use of the Product, the use of the Product must be stopped immediately, and the skin cleaned thoroughly. In case needed, medical advice of a doctor should be requested.
- When detaching Product’s bottom cover, do not pull from the cable but from the bottom cover.
- CE-standards: Product is CE marked and complies with the requirements of Directive 2014/53/EU (RED) & Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS)
- FCC-standards: Product is tested and complies with the FCC technical standards for digital devices: Class B digital device, FCC Part 15. The Product produces, operates and may generate electromagnetic radiation that may cause a disruption on radio communication. Disruption-free use cannot be guaranteed. In case the Product causes disruption on any other devices, the problem may be remediable by relocating the Product. Contact Firstbeat in case continuous problems are noticed.
- Conditions for the use: (1) Product cannot cause detrimental or harmful disruptions (2) Product must process and accept also all of the received disruptions, also the ones that may cause the Product malfunction. Product is FCC certificated.
- WARNING RELATING TO FCC CERTIFICATION: Any alterations or modifications of any kind of the Product, and not explicitly accepted by Firstbeat, may invalidate the right to use the Product in accordance with the FCC certification.
- CAN ICES-003 [B] / NMB-003 [B] statement: This Class [B] digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003. Cet appareil numérique de la classe [B] est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
- The Product complies with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) The Product may not cause harmful interference, and (2) the Product must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Ce Produit est conforme à la norme CNR ’Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada applicable aux appareils radio exempts de licence. Son fonctionnement est sujet aux deux conditions suivantes: (1) le Produit ne doit pas produire de brouillage préjudiciable, et (2) le Produit doit accepter tout brouillage reçu, y compris un brouillage susceptible de provoquer un fonctionnement indésirable.
- The Product complies with ISED radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. Ce Produit est conforme aux limites d’exposition aux rayonnements ISED établies pour un environnement non contrôlé.
PRODUCT MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
- Cleaning of the Product in accordance with the instructions provided by Firstbeat is the only maintenance measure permitted for the Purchaser. Other maintaining measures or fixing of the Product are not permitted.
- Product must be cleaned every time it is given to a new user.
- Product must be removed from a computer or charger before and during the cleaning. The cable of the Product must be connected during cleaning. Leaving the cable entry point open during cleaning will cause the Product to break due to electrolytic oxidation.
- Product and the cable shall be cleaned by gentle scouring with a damp cloth moistened with a hint of water and alcohol-free cleaner.
- Use of running water or overly wet cloth is not permitted.
- Use of alcohol-contained cleaners is not recommended.
Please dispose the Product by following recycling orders and recommendations provided for electronic products. Do not dispose the Product by mixing it with other domestic refuse. In case desired, the Product can be sent to Firstbeat for disposal.
INTERNATIONAL LIMITED WARRANTY
- This limited warranty (“Warranty”) covers the Product – FIRSTBEAT™ BODYGUARD 3 – heartbeat recording and measurement device exclusively.
- Warranty covers a limited Warranty period of one (1) year. The Warranty period starts at the date of original purchase. No repair or replacement will renew or extend the Warranty period.
- The date of the original purchase can be evidenced by the proof of purchase and the readable serial number of the Product issued by Firstbeat.
WARRANTY COVERAGE, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- Warranty will apply for defects in materials and workmanship and the functionality of the Product software.
- Warranty provides that each Product will be free from substantial faults or defects in material and workmanship at the time of purchase, or substantial faults or defects which may appear during the warranty period provided that the Product is used, cleaned and maintained properly – and always in accordance with the guidelines provided in Section “GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL”.
- Warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment, including, but not limited to, the breakage of the plastic cover or the cable, any measures contrary to the guidelines provided in Section “GUIDELINES FOR USE, MAINTENANCE AND DISPOSAL” or other instructions for proper use provided by Firstbeat.
- Firstbeat’s obligations under this Warranty are limited, at its discretion and cost, to either fixing or replacing the Product it determines was defective at the time of the purchase or during the Warranty period, without undue delay, and against a valid claim made in accordance with Section “ACCESS TO WARRANTY” within reasonable time after noticing the issue. In any event, the valid claim must be made prior to the termination of the Warranty period.
- Claiming party shall cooperate with Firstbeat in providing any additional information as may be required to investigate a valid claim, including shipping the Product back to Firstbeat, if so requested. In case shipping is required by Firstbeat, Firstbeat may defray the costs caused by shipping the Product based on its sole consideration.
- The Warranty shall not apply and Firstbeat shall not be liable for
1. ordinary wear and tear;
2. neglect, accident such as dropping or crushing, improper or unreasonable use, storage, installation or maintenance of the Product, and defects, damages, losses and costs resulting from these actions by purchaser, end user or third parties;
3. Products that have been altered, modified, repaired, opened or tampered with by anyone else than Firstbeat;
4. Product has been opened beyond intended use;
5. cleaning and washing the adhesive patch sensors of the Product with any other cleaning method except the one instructed and advised in the user manual or any other document provided with the Product;
6. use of the Product contrary to their respective documentation, user manuals and instructions, or in a non-conformable operational environment, including defects resulting from use of third party technology in connection with Products;
7. damage caused by hacking, cracking, viruses, or other malware;
8. accident, fire, power-failure, power surge or other hazard;
9. printed materials and packaging;
10. cosmetic damages such as scratches, nicks and dents;
11. exposing the Product to any chemicals such as sun lotion;
12. serial number has been removed, altered or made illegible
in any way; or
13. any parts, which may have reduced capacity as a result of the natural end-of-life processes shorter than the Warranty period (including, battery and electrodes).
- Except as expressly required by mandatory law, the Warranty granted herein is construed with and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Finland. In any event the Warranty will be limited to the countries where the Product has been initially marketed.
- In case of any conflict between the terms and conditions displayed herein and the documentation in the sales package of the Product, the terms and conditions included in the sales package shall prevail. Despite of the foregoing, the Product purchaser, end user and third parties must, at all times, comply with all guidelines and instructions provided with the Product for its proper use.
- Firstbeat shall not be liable for delay in rendering warranty services.
- The Warranty does not cover Products which have been purchased second hand.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, Firstbeat’s liability shall be limited to the purchase value of the Product.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED IN THIS WARRANTY, ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, LAW, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTISE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE MANDATORY LAWS, THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND IN NO RESPECT SHALL FIRSTBEAT BE LIABLE OF ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE PRODUCT OR THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON THE WARRANTY; OR WHETHER OR NOT INJURY WAS SUSTAINED BY PERSON OR PROPERTY; OR SUSTAINED BY A THIRD PARTY.
NOTE: THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT THE RIGHTS OF THE CONSUMER VALID, IN FORCE AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF THE NATIONAL LEGISLATION ON THE SALE OF CONSUMER GOODS, AND THE RIGHTS OF THE CONSUMER TOWARDS THE RESELLER PURSUANT TO THE PURCHASE/SALE AGREEMENT.
ACCESS TO WARRANTY
Claim of a defect or malfunction covered by this Warranty must be made to Firstbeat’s product support. For the product support and replacement measures, the service requires as detailed as possible description of the defect, date and place of the original purchase and the contact details of the purchaser (name, address and telephone number).
In case of a defect or malfunction, contact Firstbeat by filling in a product support form on our website: https://www.firstbeat.com/en/support/report-a-faulty-device/
Firstbeat will contact the purchaser after receiving the valid claim. Firstbeat will provide the purchaser with further advice and instructions.
Please note that all back up data and content should be stored, or received from the Product, before taking the Product in for Warranty service, since Warranty service activities may erase data from the Product.
Never try to fix the Product yourself. Trying to fix the Product yourself will lead to the invalidation of the Warranty. Maintenance and repairing measures are always performed by Firstbeat.
Firstbeat Technologies Oy
Yliopistonkatu 28 A, FI-40100 Jyväskylä, FINLAND
Tel. +358 20 7631 660
Business ID No.: 1782772-5
FIRSTBEAT is a registered trade mark of Firstbeat Technologies Oy.
All rights reserved.