The latest Firstbeat Sports update introduces new features and solutions across Cloud, Monitor, new Live app for coaches (iPad) and Mobile app for athletes (iPhone). Please note, Premium and Premium+ features will only be visible to those with Firstbeat Sports Premium or Premium+ accounts.
Firstbeat Sport Sensor and Live app
Firstbeat Sports Sensor and Live app are now available to add to any Firstbeat Sports subscription. This next-generation solution to player monitoring brings focus and mobility to coaching.
Firstbeat Sports Live app
The Live app is an iPad application developed for team training load monitoring and data collection. With the Live app you can pair Firstbeat Sports Sensors with athlete profiles, monitor athlete training load metrics in real time and download data from Sensors after training sessions. The Live app makes it easier than ever to access important data, wherever and whenever you need it during practice.
New Training Effect visualization
The Training Effect gauge now shows an athlete’s specific Aerobic and Anaerobic Training Effect side-by-side (scale 0.0-5.0). This update lets you make more accurate decisions on training and validate whether sessions are having the desired physiological impact on players. This new Training Effect view is also visible in the comparison chart found on the dashboard.
Additional updates include:
- View new player TRIMP/min measurement data in the HR chart (Premium, Premium+)
- Updated analysis library to support TRIMP/min and Training Effect
- Mobile app now supports Firstbeat Sports Sensor
The latest update to Firstbeat Sports introduces new features to Premium and Premium+ users, improved accessibility to variables, and general bug fixes.
Training Status is a new metric available to Firstbeat Sports Premium and Premium+ users. It provides a clear overview of an athlete’s current situation. It automatically factors in Training Load, Acute:Chronic Workload Ratio (ACWR) and Quick Recovery Test data to give one easy-to-interpret number that helps inform coaching and training decisions.
Find more detailed info here.
Training Status will be visible to users via:
- Training Status gauge and feedback added to Dashboard Summary section
- Visible as line graph in Dashboard Training Chart section
- Rank athletes by Training Status in Dashboard ranking section
View more variables
You can now view up to four line chart variables and two bar chart variables simultaneously in the main Dashboard Training Chart. This makes it easier than ever to compare results across the team.
Alongside advanced performance analytics, we aim to provide you with an excellent user experience. That’s why we’re introducing several new features as part of a modernized Sports Cloud Client Application:
New User Interface
A new look user interface improves usability for Firstbeat Sports Cloud users. This new UX design includes a new color scheme to improve usability in outdoor conditions and on projector screens.
Edit information related to the session such as sport and selected athletes even after session data has been uploaded. Improve data accuracy and relevancy.
Edit measurement related information after data has been uploaded, such as; date, start time, sport, measurement owner, max and resting heart rate.
‘Create Session’ feature (Premium users only)
Create new sessions from existing measurements to more easily compare athletes.
New variables on Dashboard
Trimp/Min – You can now accurately compare the workout density of sessions of different lengths.
Acute vs Chronic Training Load – Receive immediate information on each player’s workload ratio. This aids training load optimization and injury risk management on an individual level. For more information on how to interpret Acute vs. Chronic Training Load see here, or read a summary of the Firstbeat webinar with Dr. Tim Gabbett.
Greater control of athlete access to Cloud and Mobile App
Coaches now have added control over when, and which, athletes can access Cloud and Mobile App data increasing data transparency and aiding player buy-in.
The January 2019 update to Firstbeat Sports Cloud includes:
Historic heart rate zone information: Heart rate zone data valid during time of measurement now taken into account when analyzing historic measurement information.
For Firstbeat Sports Monitor:
New version of internal analysis library: Improved error correction for calculated results
- Localization fixes for Portuguese language
- UI fixes for text scaling
Firstbeat Sports has introduced an October update which focuses on the stress and recovery feature (available for Firstbeat Sports Premium users).
What’s new for Cloud clients?
Overnight measurement synchronization
All historic measurement data from Sports Team software now available to Cloud users via Cloud sync. This historic data is applied when individually scaling player recovery scores.
Analysis status for Bodyguard measurement uploads
Users notified of analysis status of Bodyguard measurement data taking place.
The new Firstbeat Sports Monitor update introduces a simplified, faster synchronization process, plus changes to feature availability which refocuses the Monitor as a definitive data collection platform.
When conducting more in-depth analysis, the Firstbeat Sports Cloud should now be used.
Please note the following changes as part of the Sports Monitor update;
Time line chart and Day Summary removed from Firstbeat Sports Monitor dashboard. The Monitor dashboard will only show data from measurements/sessions recorded using that specific monitor. In some cases, users will experience increased sync speed because of these changes.
The Sports Monitor update is currently voluntary but will become compulsory at a later date.
Announcing the latest update to Firstbeat Sports Cloud. The release includes the new Stress and Recovery monitoring feature for Premium users, alongside several other enhancements to the sports monitoring service.
Introducing Stress and Recovery Monitoring for Premium Users
The new Stress and Recovery Monitoring feature provides a full 360-degree understanding of athlete recovery and well-being. Using the Firstbeat Bodyguard 2 device, you can now track player stress levels and observe recovery over a full 24-hour period. This includes overnight recovery and sleep duration.
With individual athlete Stress and Recovery reports either automatically emailed to you, or generated from the Cloud, this new feature will help inform decisions on everything from individual load management, travel schedules and lifestyle choices. It will also provide a brand-new level of insight and education for the athlete themselves as they see how choices away from the training ground impact their stress and recovery.
Other updates include:
- Dashboard and Calendar: All upload measurements now shown in the Cloud dashboard and color-coded Calendar tool.
- Usability: Improvements made to Team Management usability.
- Data Export: Recovery Index and Sleep Duration variable now included in Data Export function.
- Bodyguard 2 Device: Exercise and Stress and Recovery measurements taken using the Firstbeat Bodyguard 2 device can be uploaded from anywhere via the Sports Cloud.
To upload data from the Bodyguard 2 device you will need to install a browser plugin. See the Browser Specific Guide for step-by-step instructions.
We’re delighted to have updated the Firstbeat Sports app for iOS and believe it will have a huge impact for those wanting to get the most out of their athletes.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a breakdown of what’s new, and why using the Sports app can help take things to the next level.
- Measure VO2max from any running session which includes at least 4 minutes spent at over 70% HRmax
- Training monitoring shows separate Training Effect for Aerobic and Anaerobic effects
- Quick Recovery Test (QRT): Perform the QRT and view scores over last 7 days, improving ability to track trends
- Calendar view allows you to recall and view past sessions in the app. This includes all sessions recorded using the training monitor.
- Battery level status for heartrate belts now visible. A practical advantage for coaches who can see status of all belts within range.
Why use the app?
- More comprehensive performance monitoring: Tracking fitness (VO2max) via the app – alongside established training and recovery – allows more comprehensive and flexible monitoring.
- Track remote training: Go beyond organized group sessions and track individual work eg. Rehab sessions in the gym.
- Improve player education and buy-in: Players can more easily see their response to training – both in real-time or through using calendar to view past team measurements.
For enhanced security, we’ve added 2-step verification for Sports Cloud login. This feature can be activated on demand.
When 2-step verification is enabled for your Firstbeat Sports account you need to verify a login from each browser with your email address. The verification dialog below will be shown after you have entered your username and password at the Sports Cloud login page. After the browser is verified once you can login normally with your username and password. Each verification is valid for 30 days.
Firstbeat Sports is introducing a number of new enhancements to their popular elite sports monitoring platform and services.
Introducing the Athlete Dashboard
For the first time individual athletes will be able to access their own training and recovery data directly from the Firstbeat Sports Cloud. This is made possible through the addition of an all new athlete dashboard interface, which they can access using their personal username and password.
This feature is being introduced in accordance with the Firstbeat belief that athletes should be viewed as equal participants in the training and development process. Individual athletes have a right to view their own monitoring data, and that the ability to view this vital information directly will help them learn about their bodies and enhance their awareness of key training load, recovery, and planning issues.
It also helps ensure that Firstbeat Sports users across the landscape of professional and elite sports are able to utilize the system in compliance with governmental and player union personal privacy agreements as they come together.
Dashboard Functionality Improvements
Seeing the relative responses between players and trends within the team becomes easier with updated options in the dashboard. It is now possible to automatically sort players in the dashboard based on various training load and recovery variables.
Also, a new ability to plot the HR chart for any three players on the same chart gives you the ability to compare and analyze them together directly on screen.
New Exportable Variables for Premium Users
As part of this update, Firstbeat Sports Premium users will gain access to new training load and recovery variables via the data export function.
A growing number of experts and practitioners alike look to an athlete’s acute/chronic workload ratio as a guideline to introduce and manage training loads in ways that effectively reduce injury risks. Both Chronic and acute training load information are now available in data export providing coaches a tool to utilize this ratio easier.
Similarly, for recovery data, a rolling 7-day recovery average and the number of days since a player’s last ‘good’ recovery will be incorporated into the exportable data.
A number of key updates are arriving to the Firstbeat Sports Cloud. Simultaneously, Firstbeat Sports Monitor is being updated to version 2.4.0. The updated versions will be available the next time you log in to the system. Please note that premium features will only be visible to users with premium accounts.
The ability to export data from Firstbeat Sports Cloud has been added as a premium feature. It is now possible to export sessions, splits, and time periods from multiple athletes with selected variables. This allows the possibility of customized analysis and investigation. Note that premium features are only visible to users with Firstbeat Sports premium accounts.
Email email@example.com to upgrade to Premium
It is now possible to automatically email team training reports to a selection of coaches at the end of a session. Previously these reports were only automatically sent to email of the user who initiated the monitoring session.
Reports that were previously sent automatically can now also be sent manually. This gives users additional flexibility and the ability to send and resend reports to coaches and athletes as needed.
Enhanced HR Graphs
Training session heart rate charts for individual players displayed in the Firstbeat Sports Cloud dashboard now include color-coded heart rate zone information. This is similar to how they are currently displayed in training reports.
A team level heart rate chart has been added to the Firstbeat Sports Cloud dashboard. It allows you to see the range of heart rates recorded for the whole team during the session. Further detail includes highlighting the range of heart rates for 50% of the team, and the average heart rate recorded for those athletes in the 50%.
Faster Load Times
Behind the scenes changes in how data is handled have been introduced that reduce loading times in key areas of the interface. The result is a faster, more fluid working experience.
Firstbeat Sports Cloud was updated on May 8th. The update included the following improvements:
New look and feel: The Sports Cloud and Monitor got an improved new look and feel that includes usability improvements especially for mobile devices.
Team Management on the Firstbeat Sports Cloud: Teams and athlete profiles can now be created and managed directly on the Firstbeat Sports Cloud platform. In addition, athlete credentials for conducting the Quick Recovery Test with Firstbeat Sports app* can be sent directly to the athletes from the Firstbeat Sports Cloud.
Modifications to training load parameters: The familiar scale upon which Training Effect scores are based has been extended to add additional granularity for tracking light efforts and to expand insight into the early physiological impact accumulation from all types of training. Rather than progressing from 1.0 to 1.5, these early accumulations are now scored from 0.0 to 1.5.
Based on field-tests and expert feedback over the past year, the scaling method used to personalize Training Effect scores that combine both aerobic and anaerobic training impact assessments has been updated. The degree to which training of the anaerobic system influences the overall Training Effect score has been slightly reduced (i.e., greater anaerobic effort required to produce TE 5.0).
The formula used by Firstbeat Sports to provide TRIMP scores has been updated. The updated algorithm automatically identifies and excludes data captured during low-intensity, non-exercise related activities. This means that TRIMP scores will no longer accumulate during longer rest periods or breaks. It also ensures that non-exercise data collected during 24-hr measurements will not artificially inflate TRIMP-based weekly training load figures.
Direct connection to Firstbeat Support: Direct messages with screenshots and attachments can now be sent to our support team and support articles be browsed on the Firstbeat Sports Cloud.
- Enhanced integrity of max/min heart rate values with improved error correction.
- Real-time data back-up: Data retrieval possibility in case of software crash.
- User data collection: We are eager to keep our software up and running on your device of choice. In order to better prepare for future development work and release testing, Sports Monitor will now perform a quick check of your operating environment (os, gpu, ram size, drivers, etc.) when you login.
The Firstbeat Sports Monitor update to version 2.1 and accompanying Sports Cloud update deliver additional data, faster navigation, and better team management tools. Improvements have also been made under the hood to ensure a consistently high-quality user experience.
- Heart rate charts for each player are now available directly from the Sports Monitor and Sports Cloud dashboards. This allows quick and easy access to important at-a-glance reference data without producing a complete training report.
- Quick Recovery Test results are now visible on the Sports Cloud dashboard along with supplemental data. Minimum heart rate, average heart rate, and heart rate variability – expressed as the root mean square of successive differences – can be seen along with the primary QRT score, which is also mapped along with Training Effect in the main view. As a result, professionals have the information they need to provide quality training and recovery guidance.
- New Team Management tools give teams the ability to create player categories and assign athletes accordingly. Whether tracking players by position, status, or need, team management tasks can be performed efficiently and effectively.
- A Calendar View has been embedded in all Sports dashboards to help users see when training and recovery monitoring sessions have taken place and quickly navigate to them with a single click.
- Last but not least, the process of getting new coaches up to speed has been simplified. An updated Setup Wizard will greet coaches when they log in for the first time.
Firstbeat Sport Monitor users will be automatically invited to update to the newest version by simply starting the program while connected to the internet.
- New Quick Recovery Test
- Quick Recovery test – User can perform tests for groups and individuals with flexible starting times and view results instantly.
- Quick recovery test results – User can see quick recovery test results in Sports Monitor Dashboard including daily score and weekly average.
- Data management- User can delete unnecessary measurements through the Sports Monitor user interface.
- Session tabs – User can see measurement details separately from each recorded sessions.
- Remember log in- option for easier sign up
- Dashboard view for sharing the training information within the coaching staff.
- Open reports – User can open individual and group reports from the past training sessions.
- Easy access directly from Sport Monitor or any computer/mobile device
- Windows 10 support
- New Firmware version 1.12 for Firstbeat Team Receivers
- New Training Effect Analysis Engine
- Multidata export from selected time period
- Belt ID when importing from profile export
Please note that after the update the old measurements are shown as “outdated”.
You can re-analyze the desired measurements using the Multianalysis.
- New Sports Training Monitor Release
- Easy-to-use real-time training load monitoring solution
- Support for new Firstbeat textile belts memory feature (BM-CSP8EU/US)
- New Firmware version 1.9 for Firstbeat Team Receivers (RTX4EU/US)
- Improves communication between Firstbeat Team receiver and computer.
- Movescount loading problems fixed
- Add new devices automatically during monitor session problem fixed
- Support for 8-digit belt ID
- Multidata export problems fixed
- Support for new Firstbeat textile belts (BM-CSP8EU/US)
- New default limits for the Quick recovery test
- Scaled QRT score added to the measurement list
- Possibility to add measurement type for the quick recovery test after the test
- New variables in measurement list
- Min HR and Scaled QRT score added to the measurements list
- Measurements can be filtered in the lists based on measurement type (Exercise, Night, QRT) in:
- Multidata export
- Group report tool
- Fitness test report creation tool
- Receive measurements via e-mails and send measurement via e-mail features removed
- Reports in Portuguese
- Language correction for German reports
- New variables in Multidata and data exports
- Scaled QRT score added to the Multidata export
- Speed vector (m/s) added to the Data export tool
- Reanalysis after changing the background information, fixed
- Lost belt pairing problem in the Monitor, fixed