Building a Performance Infrastructure in Serie A – With Ed Lippie, AS Roma – Ep. 10
Welcome to the Firstbeat Sports Podcast where we talk with coaches and sports scientists to explore the latest in performance monitoring and how it is making a difference in NCAA and pro sports alike. We’re going to connect you with practical advice from the best in the business to help you take your athletes to the next level.
On the line today is Ed Lippie. Ed works as a Senior Performance Advisor for AS Roma and is also Director of Health and Fitness at Raptor Capital Management.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Building a strong performance infrastructure
- Balancing the art and science of coaching
- Customizing individual player load
- Backing up the ‘eye test’ with data
- Similarities between elite athletes and private sector workers
Would you like to listen to more content like this? Subscribe to our mailing list
- Ed’s background (1:00)
- Ed’s main priorities at AS Roma (3:20)
- Establishing infrastructure and being evidence-based – what does that mean? (3:56)
- Key foundations for successful performance departments (6:37)
- API between Firstbeat Sports and Kitman Labs (7:46)
- Sports tech product checklist (8:20)
- Quickfire questions (11:09)
- Why Ed wanted Firstbeat to AS Roma? (14:41)
- Why is internal load important? (17:38)
- Securing player and coach buy-in to tech (19:47)
- Working in AS Roma vs working in private sector (20:52)
- Firstbeat in corporate fitness (21:36)
- Similarities in private sector clients and pro sports athletes (23:07)
Thanks for listening. Catch up on all previous Firstbeat Sports Podcast episodes here!
Give your team the Firstbeat Sports competitive advantage.
Contact us for more information or get a quote.
Using Data to Start Key Discussions With Your Athletes – With Jen Mavis, UMBC Soccer – Ep. 7
UMBC Women’s Soccer’s Assistant Coach talks about building trust between coach and athlete, preventing soft tissue injuries, the changing landscape of NCAA competition and coaching, + more
How to Use Training Effect: The Firstbeat Sports Feature that Measures the Impact of Training
In this article, we look at how Training Effect is calculated, the Training Effect scale, and how it is visualized in Firstbeat Sports.
Interpreting Acute vs Chronic Training Load – A Firstbeat Sports Feature
A comprehensive breakdown of the Acute vs Chronic Training Load feature in Firstbeat Sports.