Training During the Coronavirus Pandemic – with Martin Spohrer, Eintracht Frankfurt – Ep. 13
Welcome to the Firstbeat Sports Podcast where we talk with coaches and sports scientists to explore the latest in performance monitoring and how it is making a difference in NCAA and pro sports alike. We’re going to connect you with practical advice from the best in the business to help you take your athletes to the next level.
On the line today is Martin Spohrer. Martin is Strength and Conditioning Coach at Bundesliga soccer club Eintracht Frankfurt.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The impact of the Coronavirus pandemic
- Monitoring players remotely
- Keeping players focused and motivated
- Building fitness of new signing
- Playing ‘ghost games’
Would you like to listen to more content like this? Subscribe to our mailing list
- Martin’s coaching background (0:55)
- How Coronavirus has affected Eintracht Frankfurt (3:23)
- Eintracht Frankfurt’s remote training program (4:24)
- Using internal load data when not being able to see athletes (5:10)
- Home workout videos on social media (6:09)
- How to implement home workouts with athletes (8:29)
- Playing ‘Ghost games’ with no fans (9:55)
- How to complete the Bundesliga season – a game every day? (10:44)
- Quickfire questions (11:37)
- How Eintracht Frankfurt uses Firstbeat in normal situations (14:45)
- Getting new players up to speed conditioning-wise (15:57)
- Key Firstbeat metrics for Eintracht Frankfurt (17:19)
- Communicating data to coaching staff and players (17:44)
- Martin’s best advice for aspiring S&C coaches (19:34)
Thanks for listening. Follow us on socials and share your favorite episodes using #FBsportspodcast:
Catch up on all previous Firstbeat Sports Podcast episodes here!
Image: Jan Huebner, Foto Huebner
Give your team the Firstbeat Sports competitive advantage.
Contact us for more information or get a quote.
Remote Training in Challenging Circumstances
Firstbeat Sports offers a diverse range of features available to meet the needs of teams of all levels during these trying times.
Princeton Rowing Use New Firstbeat and Garmin Health Solution for Effective Remote Training
With the current postponement of most sports competitions and the disruption of traditional training methods, some teams are adjusting to the ‘new normal’ by using innovative solutions based on Garmin…
Bertram Derthona Basket Introduce Firstbeat Sports’ Precise Training Load and Recovery Guidance
Bertram Derthona Basket introduce precise training load and recovery guidance with Firstbeat Sports deal.